Thursday, April 16, 2020

Valuable Paper

Another Covid-19 reality is the shortage of toilet paper and paper towels. Early on, many people rushed to the stores and bought lots of this stuff. Some folks hoarded it. Some bought it to make a profit by selling it to others at a marked-up price. For weeks, many stores had empty paper products shelves. When stores got paper products in, they had to limit how much each customer could purchase. Read the signs or get turned back at the checkout.
It's been jarring to see grocery store shelves with empty spaces. I actually stopped walking down the paper products aisle.
Imagine my surprise yesterday when I saw a woman at the store come out of the paper products aisle with a six-pack of paper towels! I backtracked, looked down the aisle. Lo and behold, I saw toilet paper and paper towels! I calmly picked up two of the four rolls allowed and one paper towel roll. No need to be greedy, I have some at home. Some other customer may have none at home. These are challenging times, but I believe we'll get through.
Stay safe, and please don't hoard the toilet paper.
Smiles,
Sylvia
Visit me at www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment