Monday, April 20, 2020

Edit, Edit:Book 4

My fourth novel should be out into the world before too long. I submitted it to the publisher at the end of March and today I received the Editorial Review. I told myself I'd read it with fresh eyes tomorrow instead of reading it tonight.
Of course, I started reading it tonight. I agreed with some of the suggestions/corrections. Then I came across points I didn't agree with and started to explain my writing to no one in particular. My husband walked past my study and kept it moving.
Sometimes we authors are defensive of our work, even though we know constructive criticism is needed. It doesn't always feel good to me, but I've learned to vent a bit, then go back and reconsider the critique without bias. Before I got to that point tonight, I grabbed these miniature candies and the crunch helped level things out while I read. After five miniature candies, I put the candy away. I plan to read the rest of the review tomorrow and start the needed  work. BEHIND CHURCH DOORS BOOK 4: WON'T QUIT is the newest in my "Church Doors" series. I can't wait to get copies into readers' hands.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts,com

No comments:

Post a Comment