Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A Real Live Magazine

The arrival of Spring inspired me to clear out many old magazines.  As a reader and writer, I have a hard time getting rid of print material, especially books and magazines. I must read each one thoroughly before I recycle it. Since my early career days, I've often had a subscription to Essence magazine. It was so rewarding back then to see women who looked like me on the cover of the monthly issues. (Shout out to Ebony and Jet, too.) A couple of years ago, however, I had such a backlog of magazines I needed to read that I stopped the subscriptions. Being an author now takes up a lot of my leisure reading time. Yet, I saved these 3 old issues to read. I enjoyed them so much that last week, I renewed my Essence for a year. Hope I can keep up with the reading. If not, I guess I'll have to read them on my tablet, but it's not the same experience for me as turning those real paper pages.
Smiles.
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment