Thursday, April 5, 2018

Bone Broth

I tried bone broth at a new restaurant. I think it's trending now, and I'm told that it's healthy. Isn't it interesting how some trendy practices and foods remind you of practices and foods from the elders in your family?
 The eatery specializes in ramen. Many of us know about ramen noodles from the days when we were poor college students, but this ramen is different, upscale and well presented. It's not the 4-pack that costs a dollar and has a powdered flavor pack. I ordered fresh noodles served with scallions, a slice of pork, and another veggie. There was chili paste on the side. The main thing, though, was the aromatic, dark bone marrow broth I mixed with the noodles and veggies. It had a good, earthy taste. It felt like it was good for my belly. It reminded me of the  the chicken bones used in the home made soups of my elders, who said the flavor in the bones made the soup good for you.
Getting hungry!
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com





































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment