Monday, February 5, 2018

Stay on your mission.

This turtle came down from the canal bank, which is pretty unusual in the yard. The turtle caught my attention for a bit, but I figured she'd gotten confused and would soon backtrack to the canal bank. Imagine my surprise when I walked by later and saw the turtle's back legs and feet moving. She was digging a hole in the ground!  Later, many eggs came from her body and dropped into the hole one at a time. Finally, the turtle covered the hole. It took her a long time to complete her mission, but she slowly and methodically got the job done. She didn't turn her head from side to side in distraction. If she noticed my quiet watching from a distance, she didn't let on. She had total focus on her mission. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that total focus to my mission. Sometimes I multitask and temporarily lose some of the focus needed to complete my primary task well.
This is a lesson from a turtle.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment