Monday, February 26, 2018

Borders Bookstore


My first novel, Behind Church Doors, was published in 2010. It was an exciting time for me because I'd finally realized the dream of writing a novel. I'd been writing notes for many years, but it wasn't until I retired from teaching that I gathered my notes, my thoughts, and the discipline to create a  lead character named Nikolis McQuaige (NikkiMac). She came alive to tell the story of her life before she became added to the church and after being in the church. The characters in the novel are described as "warm, spirited, and often humorous"- and other adjectives! Borders was one of the first local bookstores to grant me a book signing. I went on to write two more novels and am currently writing a fourth one.  Borders isn't here anymore, but I'll always be grateful they gave this (then) new author a chance.
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, I love your books, I'm so excited that you realized your dream and continue to live it. What an awesome testimony to have. Anticipating your next release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your encouragement! It came at just the right time, Melissa!

      Delete