Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Chemo Suite

About a month ago, I visited what I call the Chemo Suite for my 2nd injection of Prolia (to protect my bones). When one of the nurses gets to me, my procedure is real quick, in and out.
I admire the positive attitude of the staff and the quiet, calm, and determined manner of the chemo patients who nap, read, knit, tap on their cell phone screens, and chat softly with their family member(s) for hours while they get treatment. Even though the reason for being there is serious, the room is cozy.
Today's impressions: 
"If I remember, your port's on the right." "Yes it is, you remembered right."
"Shoot me up. $5.00 Regular. One more treatment after this. Then I'll be cured."
The sound of wheels rolling each time a patient pushes the pole that carries his/her chemo bag as they walk to the lavatory or around the room for something.
These are brave souls.
I pray for their complete recovery.
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment