Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Socks

Sometimes we're able to see things through a different and clearer lens when we talk with a person who has more experience in certain areas than we have.

I like socks. I have lots of them and can go for at least three weeks before running out of clean socks. Then I  throw a load of dirty socks in the washing machine and the dryer. All clean. In the fall and winter, I sleep with socks on my feet. I spoke with a person who gave me a different view on the importance of socks. For a period of time, this person didn't have a place to live in. Socks were extremely important when I didn't have a place to stay. I was often out in the cold and wet. Socks helped protect my feet, even when I had holes in my shoes. I was happy when I could get a new pair of socks. My old socks would be dirty and ragged and I didn't have a way to wash and dry them. I could only wear the same pair of socks for so long. A new pair of socks was a blessing. 

This was a reminder to me. Don't take even the smallest thing for granted. Do what you can to be a blessing to others. Socks are a blessing to those who don't have socks. 

Sylvia@www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment