Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Let's Get It Started

What's your daily morning getting-up  routine? When my alarm goes off, I silence it. Then I turn on my right side and swing my legs down from the bed as I support myself with my arms. My feet touch the floor and I'm anchored. Twenty years ago, all this happened quickly. I don't make these moves so fast any more, but I thank God I can still make them. I say a morning prayer, starting off with gratitude to the heavenly Father for watching over me through the night and waking me up in the morning. I head downstairs to the kitchen and greet my husband, who gets up with the chickens. I'm not fully awake, but I'm in function mode, and I can perform many tasks in that mode. My mother knows this, and she teases me good naturedly about it. She knows all of her children so well. My goal is to get a fresh, hot cup of coffee. I have only one cup daily, before noon. I sip it while I enjoy a morning devotion of Bible reading, meditation, prayer, journaling, and making a plan for the day. How do you start your day?

Always, Sylvia  ~   www.sylviabrownroberts.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment