Monday, October 11, 2021

Stress Test Experience

I had my first stress test today. It was no joke. I used treadmills at the last gym I attended and have  used one at home, so I figured I'd pass the test without too much stress. The technician and the nurse practitioner told me what to expect as I had the gel and the sensors applied. I was mellow for the first phase and chatted comfortably with the staff members as they monitored me and the medical equipment. I soon learned this medical treadmill was a lot more than the one pictured here. Second phase: I walked more quickly, was still able to chat, but I breathed more deeply. Third phase: I jogged in order to keep up. As it sped up, I saw myself as Lucille Ball in one of her "I Love Lucy" episodes and as Martin Lawrence in one of his "Martin" exercise episodes. I held on tight to the bars to keep from flying off the treadmill backwards. My feet felt heavy. My lungs screamed at me. The last time I remember running this hard, I was twelve and a dog was chasing me. I kept running until the third phase was slowed down. I know I looked all kinds of crazy, but I gave it my all. How was your first stress test experience?😊

 www.sylviabrownroberts.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment