Monday, November 30, 2020

My Dad's Basement Shelves

 

A few days ago, Mom asked me to replace a screw in her mailbox door. I looked around on the ground near the curbside mailbox for the screw and the screw nut, but couldn't find them. Mom reminded me of Dad's shelves in the basement, where he diligently organized his stuff. He could fix just about anything. He was neat with his basement stuff and always put stuff  back where he could find it. He could describe exactly the place in the basement where I could find whatever he stored. This is a pic of one of the shelves. I became nostalgic as I picked through Dad's old jelly jars. I could almost hear him say in a soft voice, "Not that one, Sis. The screws in that jar are too small for this job."  I smiled. Dad went to glory in 1999, but I can still remember the gentleness in his tone when he taught me life skills. I found the screw and the screw nut and fixed the mailbox door. Thanks, Dad.

Sylvia

Visit me at www.sylviabrownroberts.com



No comments:

Post a Comment