Friday, May 18, 2018

Revenge Body

I was in a room when I  heard a new term used by people younger than I am: Revenge Body. The conversation went a little something like this:
"Girl, did you see Samantha at the party last night? She looked hot!"
"Yeah, I saw her body and it is tight like that!"
"I know, right? She's got that Revenge Body now. I know Bobby wishes now that he had stayed with Samantha instead of  leaving her for  Margie."
"How did Samantha get her body in such fantastic shape?"
"Samantha hit the gym with a vengeance. She went on an extreme diet plan, and it paid off. She looks like one of those fitness celebrities."
I walked over to the young ladies and asked, "What exactly is Revenge Body?"
"You get a Revenge Body when a person breaks up with you, and in your frustration, you throw yourself into your physical fitness. You transform. Looking good is your revenge at him for breaking up with you."
I thank them for the information, but Revenge Body is not for this Baby Boomer. This might have been a thought for me when I was in my late teens or early 20's.  At this stage of my life, if  I'm going to put myself through an extreme and rigorous fitness routine, my motivation isn't going to be revenge. My motivation would be that my doctor told me the fitness routine would lower my blood pressure, or beat back diabetes, or decrease the likelihood of a heart attack. My motivation wouldn't be that my man broke up with me.
The things we learn as we mature.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment