Monday, January 15, 2018

A Man Came To My Table


I had an almost-moment and a blessing at the November 2017 New Jersey Education Association Convention. Along with other authors, I was there to promote/sell my novels in Authors' Alley. On the first day, I met some of my readers and they stopped by my table to purchase my 4th novel in the CHURCH DOORS series. I had to tell them that it's still in the works. There was good conversation, but no book sales the first day.
It was much the same the second day, and I confess I was about to become a bit  disappointed. Not much foot traffic. No book sales. Quite unusual!  I prayed that God would keep me  positive, because it's not all about the sales. It's also about  an attitude of thankfulness for the gift of writing and the goal of glorifying Him through my work. After that brief, silent prayer, my perspective changed. I kept giving thanks. A man suddenly appeared at my table. "Something told me I should stop at your table. Tell me about your books."  He had the most upbeat spirit, along with a sense of humor. He took a seat at my table and loudly greeted everyone who passed by. Some were startled, others were amused, but they all returned his greetings. He stayed for about fifteen minutes. "Well, Sylvia, I have to attend a workshop session now. It was great to meet you. God bless!" He purchased a novel, got up, and wandered into the crowd. After that, I had several book sales! I didn't try to figure it out. I simply whispered, "Thank you, Lord."
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment