Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Digging in the Dirt

Growing up, I enjoyed watching my Mom pot and re-pot plants. The smell of green and the smell of the soil: calming. Mom taught me to look underneath the pot to check for roots growing through the drain holes, which indicated the need for a bigger pot.  Water the plant without drowning the roots. Fertilize and trim the plant like this. Gently remove the plant from its old pot. Pack the soil when you re-pot. She taught me so many things about plants. She always gave me clear directions in a soothing voice. She taught me to respect the plants and the soil. She's still a "country girl" at heart. Each time I water or pot/re-pot a plant, I think of Mom. It's a soothing activity.  This is my latest re-potted plant.
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment