Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The True Healer

 
God manifests His grace to us in ways big and small in the everyday routines of our lives. This past Friday, I decided to eat my leftover Lobster Bisque. I put the cardboard cup container of  bisque in the microwave and set the timer. My first thought was, "I don't need to set this at the usual 2:50 minutes because this is a small cup." I ignored that thought. When the microwave signaled it was done, I opened the door and reached for the cup although my thought was, "I should get an oven mitt in case this is too hot." I unwisely ignored that thought, too. Of course, the container registered too hot to my fingers so they let go of the container as I threw it on the counter. I proceeded to jump up and down at the shock of a burning sensation. That's because some of the spilled bisque had stuck to 2 fingers on my left hand. I rushed to the sink and ran cold water over my fingers, which calmed the sensation down. The nerve endings in my fingers began to shout! I did the cold water soak again, then remembered the salve for burns. Here's God's gracious care: He protected my skin from getting blisters. He kept my fingers with movement. He allowed just a little swelling. He prevented infection. Today, no soreness. The salve helped, but God did the healing. Lesson leaned. God is good.
I'm a thankful Sylvia.
www.sylviabrownroberts.com   (Website)

No comments:

Post a Comment