Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Slow Down

It's always best for me to put items back in their designated place. Right away. This fact was reinforced for me this morning when I rushed out of the house thinking:
Get your keys. Get the garage remote. Grab your purse. Do you have your task list? Yes, it's in my planner, which is in my purse. I'll just check.
My planner wasn't in my purse. I went back into the house to search for my planner notebook. I couldn't find it. A little frustrated because I might be late for my appointment, I decide to search for my planner later. I go outside to the garage and open my back car door. That's when I see  my planner. The black notebook is on top of my car, where it apparently spent the night. I've got to slow down.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

10 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the time when my children were small and I was rushing one morning going to work. I was trying to get everyone situated in the car. I set the bag with their lunch on top of my car. Everybody was strapped in and ready to go. As I pulled onto the highway all I could see was oranges and sandwiches flying all over the highway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture that!Lol! Many of us have had "slow down" moments! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. I can picture that!Lol! Many of us have had "slow down" moments! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I can picture that! Lol! Many of us have had "slow down" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I can picture that! Lol! Many of us have had "slow down" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a good thing you didn't drive off with it still on top. If we don't slow ourselves down something else or should I say Someone else will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a good thing you didn't drive off with it still on top. If we don't slow ourselves down something else or should I say Someone else will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always try and say to myself when I'm finding I'm going to fast forgetting things messing up things. Gods telling me to slow down. That's when I sit for a while and just be still,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. That strategy works for me also.I guess I didn't realize I was going too fast until I discovered my planner on top of the car. This was God's caring reminder to me. I need it sometimes.

      Delete
    2. You are so right. That strategy works for me also.I guess I didn't realize I was going too fast until I discovered my planner on top of the car. This was God's caring reminder to me. I need it sometimes.

      Delete