Thursday, February 19, 2015

 Learning begins in the home. It's powerful when our children enter school with this thought: 

My education is important, so I'm going to pay attention and learn today.

A caller on a radio show said a major problem with public schools these days is that many students come to school, but not for the purpose of learning. 

He said, "Some students treat school like a six and a half hour social event."

Initially,  I wanted to disagree with his remark, but as a veteran public school teacher, the faces of some students with that attitude flashed in front of me. I recalled the many strategies I used to motivate those students to learn. Some strategies worked, others didn't. It was always worth the try.

Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment