Monday, June 14, 2021

With These Hands

 

Ever think about the agility, swiftness, precision, steadiness, and strength of your twenty year-old hands? Amazing, right? When I was  younger, many moons ago,  my hands fit all these descriptions. I liked to tinker with objects, complete puzzles, and assemble things like trays, small tables, bookshelves, etc. I was good at it, because my hands quickly picked up the signals from my brain and my fingers marched to the task. In this picture, you see one of my hands. My task is to assemble a shoe shelf for our clothing giveaway at the church building. My hand tries to make a two-direction connection of metal tubes with a plastic connector piece. So thankful for our thumbs, because they can do things our other fingers cannot. I completed the project. It took longer than it did in my twenties, but my hands/fingers did their job. As I age, I'm thankful for the strength I still have in my body. You probably agree. We might not be as quick, but the task usually gets done.

Sylvia @ www.sylviabrownroberts.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment