Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Slow Down

It's time for me to slow down. I know this because I lose things when I multitask quickly for several days in a row. This morning, I was about to leave for Noon Prayer service when I noticed that one of my favorite necklaces was not around my neck where I thought I had put it.  I remembered taking it out of the jewelry box. I hadn't moved from the room, but the necklace was nowhere in sight.
"It has to be here. I haven't left this room!" I whispered. After a few minutes of searching the room, I sat down, laughed and spoke out loud.
 "Now I know why my third graders used to look so genuinely bewildered when they couldn't find their pencils, even though they hadn't left their seats. I haven't left my room and I can't find my necklace! I've become my third graders!
Then, I found the necklace on the table near my jewelry box.  It's a good thing I was heading for Noon Prayer service. I needed to be there, sit still, and think about only one thing for an hour.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment