Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Chicken Wings, Not Turkey Tails


 I'm in an interesting people cycle. My latest unusual people experience involved chicken wings.
It's best to get to the popular food stop at the local Farmers' Market early, because the favorite foods sell out fast. I know the routine now, so I get a number card off a nail on a pole. People walk back and forth checking out the fried, baked/ barbecue chicken, turkey tails, ribs, and other foods.
A server calls my number and I order a pound each of baked chicken wings and fried chicken wings. The wings are in a pan next to the empty turkey tails pan. The server puts my order in two containers (shown above). All of a sudden, a man wails,"Aw, no! That gal just bought all the turkey tails!" He looks like he's about to cry. His female companion tries to console him. I want to say, "These are chicken wings, not turkey tails," but he's so upset that I take my wings and start to move along. The server tells him more turkey tails will be cooked by 5 p.m. He puts his number card back on the nail and says to his companion "Let's go. I really wanted those turkey tails." Wow...
Sylvia @ www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment