Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Danger You Don't See


I marvel whenever I recognize that God has protected me from a danger that I didn't see or didn't see coming. Then, I praise God for looking out for me.
Kinda makes you think about guardian angels, huh?
Recently, I put on my house slippers, went downstairs, and walked around in the kitchen for a bit. I thought I felt a slight push into the ball of my left foot, but I poured my morning cup of coffee and went back upstairs. After a couple more steps with the push feeling in my foot, I declared, "What IS this?" I took off my slipper and ran my hand inside, searching for a pebble or something small. I felt something. I turned the shoe over and spotted a jagged piece of glass sticking out of the bottom. (For the purpose of the picture, I later took a tool and pulled the glass out a little so it could be seen better.) When I pulled the glass piece all the way out, I saw a very sharp point and realized it was on its way to fully break through the sole and into my skin with each step I took.
Wow. I examined the ball of my foot, hoping to see no blood. There was none, but there was a pink pressure mark. If I had walked longer, the narrow head of the glass piece would have entered my foot. God protected me from a danger I did not see.
You can probably recall a time that God protected you lately.
Giving thanks,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment