Monday, June 4, 2018

My Robe from 2013

Here are pictures of a robe from five years ago today, June 4, 2013.  I think I was near the end of my radiation treatments for fighting breast cancer. I received the robe at the first of my 33 treatments. I kept it in my car, and put it on in the oncology/radiation dressing room before each one of the treatments. It felt comforting and looked pretty, which really helped during this time.  I had God's promise that He was with me, a  supportive hospital staff, a loving family and friends, and a cool robe! One day, to amuse myself while waiting to be treated, I placed postcards from my two novels on the robe and took pictures. Behind Church Doors and Beyond Church Doors were published then. My third novel came later. My main point here is:  I AM STILL HERE in 2018.  I am still thankful! I don't wear the robe anymore, though. I put the robe in a memory box...
www.sylviabrownroberts.com



No comments:

Post a Comment