Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Almost

I was in a store recently. A person approached me and said, "Sylvia, I was just thinking about you. I'm reading one of your novels and I'm enjoying it. One thing hit me personally, though. You include the names of some hymns in your book, and  Almost Persuaded is one of them.  I had to sing that song in front of the entire church when I was about ten years old.  I was so nervous, but I sang that song.You really brought back a tender memory for me when I read that part of your novel.  I always wonder why they made a me, a child, sing that song for the church. The last words are Almost but lost!"

Maybe they felt like an innocent child could better persuade someone to hear the message. I'm always thankful when my writing touches a reader's heart.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment