Friday, July 10, 2015

When We Meet Again

Some weeks, you breeze through life. Some weeks hit you in the back of the head. Most weeks have their ups and downs.
Earlier this week, I participated in the home-going service of one of my dearest friends. She had been battling illness and we were all praying for her recovery and a return to her normal life. The Lord called her home. It took many people by surprise. She struggles no more. She's at rest in the Lord. That brings me comfort.
I miss her. I will miss her for the rest of my life, but it's going to be okay. Right now, I'm remembering all the good times we had together, the road trips, the school and church projects we worked on, our book club events, the loads of laughter we shared. We laughed a lot.
She had my back, even when I told her I had things under control.
She encouraged me in my writing and attended practically all of my book signing events.
I plan to power up my writing energy and finish
my 3rd novel in recognition of her. She wouldn't have it any other way.
Rita, maybe we'll talk about it when we meet again.
In loving memory,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment