Monday, April 29, 2024

Always with Me

I live in an old house that has an antique stove. When people see it, they often marvel and say, "Wow! They don't make these anymore!" or "Why don't you sell it? You could get lots of cash for this piece of history." I haven't sold it because it serves my purpose. It has 2 standing pilots, so I can still use the stovetop and oven even when there's a power outage in our area. It's due for a polish of the metal and surface. That chore is on my list for this week. Seems we never run out of chores, right?

One recent morning, I sensed something, so I went to the basement and checked. No problem there. Then, I checked the stove. Turns out one of the pilot lights had gone out. Our sensor on the kitchen wall was alerting me. I opened the windows and doors before relighting the pilot. Our heavenly Father watched over me, and for that I'm thankful. You likely remember a recent time when the heavenly Father watched out for your well-being, don't you?

I'm Always Sylvia. I'm always thankful. 

sylviabrownroberts.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment